Welcome to the First State Kopites podcast. It’s episode 4 of season 3 – a podcast for Liverpool supporters in Delaware and their friends. Thanks for listening on your preferred platform. Joined by Daz and Haitham to look back and then ahead at Saturday’s kick off. Sean is taking a break this week.
The show gets on the road – some things we discuss:
- Reds get warmed up at Carrow Road – a comfortable win
- Tsimikas starts, the ‘greedy one season wonder’ has a goal and 2 assists, and then there’s VVD (and Joel)
- Keita and Chamberlain in the same teams seemed to concern some people
Across the League – Crowds and pressing are both back, and are there now less rewards for falling over?
Coming up – a 12.30 kick off against Burnley:
- Would have been hard to get the crowd roused in normal circumstances – this might be different
- They’ve taken points from Anfield in the last 2 crowdless visits
- They lost to Brighton, but seemingly had chances to win
Some things that caught our eye this week:
- Someone finally calls out Souness about his motives for consistently criticizing Pogba
- We don’t need homophobic chants from Liverpool supporters
- Sorry Sean, we are not signing Saul (says James Pearce)
Thanks to all our guests – if you enjoyed the podcast, share it with a friend. Follow us on Twitter – we only tweet and re-tweet from sources we think are credible – so no Fabrizio Romano I’m afraid.