Welcome to the latest edition of First State Kopites. It’s episode 35 of season 3 – a podcast for Liverpool supporters in Delaware and friends of those Liverpool supporters. Thanks for listening on your preferred platform, we are available on ALL of them (and on YouTube).
It’s Paul joined by Haitham and Daz to reflect on a big week in the Premier League and a tougher upcoming week with Champions League and an early kick off against the surging sportswashers United from Newcastle:
Man Utd – wasn’t this glorious?
- United tactics – they’ve got 4 defenders who can’t organize themselves, let’s add another defender to help the Reds really exploit their lack of organization
- Salah 2 goals, the Mane pass, Thiago Alcantara,
- Fans of a certain vintage can’t spend long enough dwelling on a 5-0 and 4-0 over this really poor version of Man United.
- Anyone else remember Ryan Giggs saying that United would never end up like Liverpool?
Everton – wow this was quite a grind wasn’t it?
- 17% possession, time wasting, diving, Richarlison
- Penalties, sendings off….
- Slow 1st half, pace and style changed with the DIaz and Divock introductions
- Alisson – favorite moment
- Has anyone’s view on Everton going down being a good/bad thing changed in light of yesterday’s match?
- Would it be worth looking at some of the post match chat and conspiracy theories floated by Fat Frank and the Twitter Trogs?
- Villareal and Unai Emery – the stats tell us that they are the least capable of the 4 teams left but Danjuma, Parejo, and Chukweze look good. Don’t they have a few too many Spurs cast offs to be truly threatening?
- Newcastle away with the early kick off. Still 1 point back from Abu Dhabi City – just 1 or 2 games where it is 0-0 in the 70th minute, please.
We’ll be back next week after the Newcastle game. Thanks to Daz and Haitham – if you enjoyed the podcast, share it with a friend. Follow us on Twitter – we only tweet and re-tweet from sources we think are credible.