Welcome to the First State Kopites podcast. It’s episode 24 of season 3 – a podcast for Liverpool supporters in Delaware and friends of Liverpool supporters in Delaware. Thanks for listening on your preferred platform, we are available on ALL of them (and you can find us on YouTube).
It’s Daz, Sean and Paul on January 23rd, the Reds have been to London twice in a week to reach the League Cup final and cut City’s lead in the Premier League to 9 points. Reds have a game in hand and the chance to play at the Etihad to further cut the lead.
Let’s start with today – 3-1 over Crystal Palace :
- Bizarre match reporting – Lineker ‘never a penalty in a million years’ – really? Guardian described how Palace were responsible for the whole tenor of the game, making mistakes for our goals and then asserting themselves.
- Klopp – fabulous for 35 minutes and then who knows what happened. He did mention tiredness though. 7 successful presses in first 30 minutes
- Firmino offside and Jota – ‘not a suggestion of ‘he’s been clever there’
Review of the Semi Final at the Emirates:
- Jota was obviously a big part of the story
- Confirms the notion that a low block might be a better way to stop the Reds
- Arsenal really threatening for 20 minutes – well, maybe 10?
- Thomas Partey – ‘work event’ – what was Arteta thinking?
2 weeks off till Cardiff in the FA Cup. Early kick off on Sunday February 6th.
February will have a cup final, Champions League tie and a few league games. Oh and the FA Cup
- Anyone feel sorry for Tommy, the tiredness, the injuries?
- Everton – more Toffee TV. They seem really concerned about relegation and ultimately becoming Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday.
- Simon Hughes – reliving the Arsenal postponement
We’ll be back in 2 weeks after the Cardiff game..
Thanks to everyone – if you enjoyed the podcast, share it with a friend. Follow us on Twitter – we only tweet and re-tweet from sources we think are credible.
#TellUsNever #FirstStateKopites #ItsGoodToBeFirst #norroomforracism #USAKop